Contact

For all enquiries regarding individual Branches or membership please liaise with the General Secretary in the first instance.

The General Secretary

P.O. Box 1424,

Wellington 6140

New Zealand
email: van.kesteren@xtra.co.nz

7 Responses to Contact

1. Claire Falvey says:

I am writing because a ggg uncle was a master mariner in Taranaki in the early 1900’s.
    His name was Thomas Matheson Jackson (1868-1937) and he resided in Patea, Taranaki.
    A cousin in England is writing a story about the Jackson family and is curious as to how a labourer becomes a master mariner. We presume he was a ship labourer and somehow rose the ranks to become a master mariner. There is not much information about him and the descendants we have found know nothing.
    I would love to hear what information you could give or lead me in the right direction as to where I could find information.

2. Mark Harnden says:

Good evening,
    I have just come across your site and would like to enquire as to how I become a member;
    I hold a Master Unlimited CoC from MCA in the UK, but live in Springfield, Canterbury.
    Keen to meet and socialize and learn from other members in my area.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Mark

3. Steve Hogley says:

Dear Sir
    I was at Leith Nautical College as a cadet and later sat my Masters ticket with Gordon Smith from Shetland. I understand he now lives in New Zealand and I noted from an issue of ON DECK that he is a member of the Auckland branch.

I am in Auckland until 28 February, apart from a few trips, and if he is agreeable would like to meet him again.
    My local mobile number is 0221235791

Regards
    Steve Hogley

4. admin says:

Claire,

He was the master of a small ship in New Zealand – Hawea trading to Patea and maybe others that I haven’t checked. If you look on http://www.nzshipmarine.com and search for T.M.Jackson you will find some information

John Brown

5. Nick Woods says:

I am researching the Downton Family peerage in England and have a son called Myles Murray Downton 1883-1956 was working with The New Zealand Shipping Company. He appears to have been a 2nd. mate around 1903, 1st. mate around 1913 on SS Rakaia and captain, master or commander around 1920 on ss kaikoura 11. The dates and voyages are a bit muddled. I wonder if you can shed any light on the matter?

6. Carol Macpherson says:

Dear Sir,
    Could you possibly inform me of the email address of Capt. Richard Henshaw, Treasurer of the Christchurch Branch of Master Mariners? He is an old friend from 60 years ago when he was 2nd Mate of the “Port Nelson” (I assume one and the same?)
    Of course I do not know his situation and it may not be acceptable to telephone him. If my email was unwelcome he can always hit ‘Delete’! My email: carolmacpherson3@gmail.com
    I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience to you. With thanks anyway,
    Carol Macpherson.
    PS Please do not publish this enquiry!

7. Carol,
    Will forward your message to Capt. Henshaw for him to deal as he sees suitable.
    Regards,